Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Turkey

Everything that my husband cooks always turns out wonderful...it is getting to the end that is some times tricky. Well, this was true for Thanksgiving. Jeremy wanted to cook the and I was a little skeptical, but let him. He also wanted to play football in the morning so I told him that I would stay home and put the turkey in the oven. The recipe said to cook the turkey for 30 minutes at 500. So I put the turkey in and after about 10 minutes the house started to fill up with smoke. After another 5 minutes the fire alarm started to go off. While the fire alarm was going off Shera, who was coming over for dinner, called. I couldn't find the phone so I had to answer the speaker phone. So, in the background she hears the fire alarm going off and she asks if there is anything that I need her to get at the store. I am sure that she wanted to buy a pre-cooked turkey just in case. Well, we finally got the house cleared out and the fire alarm off. And Jeremy's turkey turned out wonderful. We hope that you had a happy and uneventful Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Pam Jorgensen said...

My husband actually cooks WAY better than I do. I'm glad you had a good turkey. Now I know where you are on Facebook and Blog! You'll never be rid of me!! Mwahahaha! - Pam

Melanie said...

I'm glad your house didn't burn down. We have some friend who burned down their house in Boston. (I think you know who I'm talking about).