Saturday, August 9, 2008

Staple Head

Well..it finally happened. We are grateful that we have been able to get through two boy years without a trip to the ER. Yesterday Isaac was at the park and another kid threw a rock and hit him in the head. I took him to the ER and they put two staples in his head. I am afraid that the worst is yet to come...removal of the staples. They told me to come back in a week to get them removed. Isaac is doing well now, he acts like nothing has happened. Thanks everyone for your thought and concern!


What I have learned:


1. Head wound bleed A LOT!


2. You only have to call an ambulance if they pass out. Isaac started to pass out and I got freaked out, but calmed down before I called 911.


3. Little boys are tough. I think that I would have screamed if I saw a doctor coming at me with staples in hand.


Here is a picture of the wound.

8 comments:

Cami said...

That sounds really traumatic for everyone involved. I'm impressed you could even calm down enough to take him in. Glad he's okay!

Karebear said...

Wow! I feel for Isaac. Scott's most tramtic experience so far has been being stung by a bee in Mexico. Uncle Joseph pulled it out, Grandma gave him a sucker, Aunt Marie gave him a piece of licorce (sp?) and I rocked him in the rocking chair where he quickly fell asleep with an unopened sucker held tightly in his little hand.

Be sure to let us know how the staple removing went. Was Jeremy with you? Did you have Aubrey with you? How long were you there? I'm sure there are more details we would like to know!

MartyE said...

Oh, poor Isaac! That is so sad for him. Give him a hug from us!

christy said...

hey don't worry about the staples i think they are better than the stitches. you don't even feel the staples coming out so it should be totally fine!

Andrews family said...

I can't believe someone was chucking rocks at him! We're glad to hear that everything's okay.

Hillary said...

What a horrible experience. BOYS will be boys, right. Sometimes it is worse for the home, so glad to see you came through it okay.

Sheri said...

Oh, that just sucks - I'm so sorry. We've had a bleeding head wound, but haven't had to get stiches/staples for one...yet. Poor Isaac!

Tamara said...

OUCH! He is tough...and so are you! I don't know if I could take it if Lucas got staples instead of the stitches he got when he split his head open. I am glad he is okay-